Roles and Responsibilities
The Securities Reference Data group is looking for an experienced developer to join our strong India team. You will be instrumental in enhancing our platforms and our data, working alongside smart and talented colleagues to deliver for our clients. We are looking for an excellent organised communicator with experience or a strong interest in financial data and a track record in Java and database development.
You will get involved in all areas of development including agile requirements gathering, system analysis and design, development, testing and deployment. You will also gain a detailed understanding of financial instruments, working closely with key stakeholders to deliver critical enhancements and to expand the universe of financial instruments we support.
Responsibilities for the role include
- Collaborating closely with clients to understand their priorities and to deliver solutions
- Working independently and with product experts to analyse data, understand the impact of change and to create appropriate deployment strategies
- Software Development, Enhancement and Configuration
- Adopting DevOps to automate delivery and reduce manual steps
- Adhering to Agile best practices
Desired Candidate Profile
You should have a strong understanding of Linux, Java, SQL/Databases and agile development. You will have strong communication skills as there will be frequent interaction with both clients and with technology and operations colleagues across the firm.
You must be able to run independently and as part of a team on data analysis, architecture improvement and stakeholder management. Desired experience that would be considered an advantage but not essential include data modelling, NoSQL and knowledge of financial markets and financial instrument data.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong background in Linux / Unix
- Strong SQL and relational database experience
- Development experience with Java and/or Python
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with continuous delivery
- Highly proficient written and verbal communication skills in the English language
- Experience working with large amounts of data
- Finance Experience: An understanding of securities reference data
- Messaging experience, for example Kafka/MQ/JSON/XML/Protocol Buffers/Avro
- Development experience with Perl
- Testing experience
Role:Back End Developer
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Functional Area:Engineering - Software & QA
Role Category:Software Development
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
UG:B.Tech/B.E. in Any Specialization