A leading Automotive OEM is looking for candidates with experience Design of Electric Motor/Generator for EV/HEV application
Experience: 5-10 years
Qualification: BB.E/ B Tech or ME/M -Tech in Electrical or Electric Machines (From Top Ranked College)
- Responsible for PMSM/BLDC Motor & Generator design & development for electrical vehicle and hybrid vehicle applications.
- Electrical design of motor/generator & electromagnetic analysis using FLUX, MAXWELL & SPEED software.
- Mechanical design and packaging of motor /generator in powertrain of vehicle.
- Comparing different types motors (BLDC,PMSM,Induction etc) for EV & HEV applications.
- Develops methods to improve electric machine performance through improved materials, modelling methods, and design algorithms.
- Testing & validation of electric machines as per relevant standards.
- Proto type building & proving concept design with tight timing constraints.
- Preparation of DFMEA & review of PFMEA with vendor.
- Thermal analysis of motor & applying different methods of cooling of motor.
- Costing of motor/generator & generating VAVE ideas.
- Keep track of global trends in relevant technology, regulations and develop long term road maps and appropriate work plan
- Benchmarking and generation of ideas for better performance, quality, cost, weight.
- Ability to solve novel, difficult design problems with tight timing constraints.
- Domain Knowledge of PMSM & BLDC Motor/Generator design and development.
- Electromagnetic analysis experience with good working knowledge of CAE tools, such as FLUX, Maxwell, JMAG, and also analytical tools like SPEED.
- Knowledge of motor assembly, winding techniques, and magnetic materials.
- Knowledge of electric machine testing methods & standards.
- Knowledge of basic design parameters of electric motors, raw material, practical production problems, and different application requirements of BLDC & PMSM motors, quality and process.
- Strong knowledge of mechanical design of motors & good understanding of construction/manufacturing methods of electric machines.
- Thorough knowledge of different control strategies used for BLDC & PMSM motors.
- Knowledge of thermal management of motor & different cooling system designs.
- Experience in electric vehicle & hybrid vehicle will be added advantage.
- Software skills: FLUX, MAXWELL, SPEED, Matlab, 3D modelling tool (UG NX preferred).
Required Candidate profile
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Functional Area:IT Software - System Programming
Role Category:System Design/Implementation/ERP/CRM
Role:System Integration Technician
Desired Candidate Profile
UG:B.Tech/B.E. - Electrical, Electronics/Telecommunication, Instrumentation