Firms engineers are working on using microservices architecture to develop the next generation security features and the management of the security products. As a member of the Microservices Platform development team, you will work closely with software engineers, architects, product management, and others, to design and implement the microservice platform vision. It is a critical development platform for the company and is used by several Business Units for the development of microservices. It provides the common functionality and the CI/CD pipeline that are needed by micro-services development teams thus allowing the microservice feature developer to focus on building their services and applications. The platform runs in the AWS cloud environment and also uses Azure cloud services.
The role is a DevOps developer role (not administrator) that requires a blend of scripting, developing, and testing skills. Provide feature enhancements, fixes, and troubleshooting for the platform features for our customers who are the Internal development teams.
- Define, develop, enhance, and support the continuous integration and continuous deployment pipeline that is used by the teams building and deploying microservices on the platform
- Investigate and resolve technical issues encountered during deploying and scaling platform microservices related to the usage of Sandbox and Chassis.
- Handle escalations and troubleshoot product related issues and fix issues.
- Make fixes and enhancements to the products in response to issues from users of Chassis and Sandbox.
- Running test automation scripts to verify issues and fixes.
- Take ownership requests related to Onboarding microservices or issues related to usage of framework tools (like the chassis and sandbox) and drive them until issue/s are completely resolved and the customers are satisfied with the resolution.
- Provide training and support for our global development teams creating and deploying new microservices. Upgrade and enhance platform tooling to improve the platform user experience for day-to-day usage as well as onboarding new teams.
Experience and Skills
- Solid understanding of DevOps Methodology and related tools like Jenkins, Terraform, Gradle, Python, Nexus/Artifactory, Docker, Chef, Ansible, REST APIs.
- Solid understanding of Amazon AWS Cloud infrastructure
- Experience using version control systems in distributed team development setups.
- Strong plus for having an understanding of micro-service architectures, cloud platforms, large scale cloud applications, frameworks and features.
- Working knowledge of as many of the following tools:
- Languages: Java, C#, C++
- DevOps and build: Jenkins, Git, Gradle
- Containers/VM: Docker, VMware Fusion
- OS: Linux/Unix/MacOS
- Public Cloud: AWS, Azure
- Proven experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, to coordinate with global development and operations teams
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrate passion, desire and dedication to ongoing learning.
- Proactive, flexible attitude to work with a willingness to constantly review and improve skills and processes.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:IT-Software / Software Services
Functional Area:IT Software - Application Programming, Maintenance
Role Category:Programming & Design
Employment Type:Permanent Job, Full Time
Desired Candidate Profile
Contact Company:Skill Ventory